Saturday, March 30, 2013

EDLD Week 5 - Course Embedded Reflection


This project has been a challenge in many aspects; however it has resulted in a rewarding, enriching experience. Our group’s basic challenge was to create grade appropriate lesson plans using web 2.0 tools such as ZeeMap, Wordle, Prezi, and Google Docs. Our strategies facilitated and meet the requirements of our UDL lesson plans that were created on the CAST website. It was our task to create a week’s lesson plan for a teacher possessing only basic computer skills. These same plans were designed to meet the needs of a very diverse class. My lesson plans were geared specifically to GT students. This was an exciting and challenging opportunity for me due to my background in technology. Our entire team addressed the needs of these previously identified groups such as Special Ed and GT students using strategies that implemented technology in what we believe to be a very effective and resourceful manner. Our intent and lesson plan design was not merely the use of technology and Web 2.0 tools, but the optimal and effective use of these tools. Personally, this project forced me to reevaluate my perspective in terms of meeting the needs and demands of a diverse student body.

What became abundantly clear is that it is not the tools we use, it is how we effective we are in the use of these tools. My team members were quick to assist any time that I needed their help, and I firmly believe that we all gained tremendous professional growth from this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment