Friday, March 15, 2013

EDLD 5364 Week 3 Reflection


One of the most important things that I have learned as an educator is that no two students learn in the same manner. As stated in the UDL Youtube video, there is no such thing as a "one size fits all" curriculum, therefore our diverse learners needs must be addressed and met. One of the ways we can meet those needs can be via the Book Builder from UDL. As Cindy states above, creativity can be a very powerful tool, and yet sometimes we fail to address that area of potential learning. Personally, the greatest challenge I faced while creating the eBook was to find appropriate levels and methods of delivering the information on the fourth grade level.  My years as a secondary educator have embedded a certain standard that is not appropriate for this grade. I found myself reinventing the "wheel" on a number of occasions, and not feeling a level of confidence until I had hashed and rehashed a few more times. The main aspect of the Book Builder that I find the most appealing is the audio interactivity and the potential for  an increased level of student learning due directly to that interactivity. As educators, we must meet those ever evolving technological cravings of our students, no matter the grade level. Hopefully, my UDL Ebook addresses those technological needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment