Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Let me count the ways


The power of web based information continues to skyrocket. Much like Independence Day fireworks, our opportunities to communicate is exploding in all directions. Blogs are but one streamer with rays of light flowing to many destinations. As an administrator, it is incumbent upon us to optimize this process in order to create an improved learning environment. 

These channels could include your weekly thoughts and comments newsletter that can be embedded or linked on the school website. This is a commonly used and effective practice to stay in touch with the community. There may be an issue of concern that is in need of clarification. A blog can aid greatly in getting the message to the masses.

Blogs can be useful when you have the need for self-reflection and personal improvement. They can be used much like a journal, simply for the purpose of collecting and organizing your thoughts. It is important that you maintain a level of confidentiality and security in regards to access should there be any information that could be deemed sensitive. 

The ability and opportunity to share experiences and knowledge with other professionals is one that can’t be understated. I greatly lean on the garnered experiences of my colleagues in order to improve my job performance.

1 comment:

  1. Coach,

    I really enjoyed your inspirational message and I agree with you completely. Thank you for the confidentiality reminder; I'm a coach and I know how important that is. I can't wait to learn things from you and fellow bloggers. It's going to be very tough for me to find the time to post comments, but I realize that's what I signed up for and I'm going to find a way. I think I can learn as much from my fellow peers, such as yourself, as I can from reading our materials. I do have a question for you. I do my best to find a way to communicate with all of my students and athletes, but there are always a lot of students of mine who don't have cell phones, don't have computer access at home, and don't have a home phone. I live in a 60% + low SES district. Do you have any suggestions for me? I know they have access at school, but it's limited too. Is there any other way I can blog or communicate regularly with these students? Keep up the colorful and enlightening blog posts, and have a wonderful week.
    Chris Delmas

    ReplyDelete