Monday, January 30, 2012

How far do we drill, Mr. Fibonacci?

As I become more familiar with the process of action research and all that it entails, details and avenues suddenly appear where none existed just moments before. The key seems to be the reflection process and what comes from that. As I dig into the concept of the proposal, new ideas spring forward and cause additional pondering. Maybe, just maybe, there is no bottom. Think about that. The possibilities keep on coming with no end in sight.

With these opportunities come new territory and fresh air. We have a chance to make a positive change in someone's ability to learn. How cool is that? We get out of the rut, dust ourselves off, and make that change. Our level of drive and desire to make the transition a reality is essential for this process to have any degree of effectiveness. Consistency and diligence are the motor that power our exploration and, to the end, reflection.

Drill, baby, drill.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking almost the same thing! I was going for the saying "the more I learn, the less I know" though. I remember having a set of encyclopedias at our house growing up. I would thumb through those volumes on the way to look up one topic, and an hour later still not have gotten to the correct word. I had stumbled on tons of things that my brain found interesting. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coach, it's taking me a bit longer to notice the things you're noticing and explaining, but I do see them as well. The reflection process is still new to me, because I haven't had enough time to begin my new action plan (the topic changed at least twice). It's good to know that I'll find new 'avenues' to 'ponder' as I progress. I'm looking forward to this new challenge we're faced with, and I can tell you're as inspired as I. A positive change is my goal as well, and I know I've selected a topic that will help me achieve my goal. It may be a small part of my potential success, but every positive gain is an achievement in and of itself. Diligence and consistently exploring our opportunities will allow us all to reflect on the task at hand.

    ReplyDelete